It was a great first meeting with nearly fifty people in attendance! First we talked about TWS as a campus organization:
- The ESF chapter is a part of the National Wildlife Society and as such, we work towards similar goals.
- Our meetings will consist of either guest speakers who are currently working in the field or we'll do workshops like resume building and ways to enhance your college career.
- We will frequently take trips to get hands on experience and by doing so, assist professionals in their work.
Next we introduced our officers:
Lastly, we talked about upcoming trips:
- Pennsylvania Elk Trip
- Page Wildlife Rehab Center
- Duck Banding at Montezuma
- Adirondack Ecological Center Trip
- Saw-Whet Owl Banding
Due to the fact that no one wants to miss out on the Elk Trip, dates are still TBA but please sign up for all possible dates. don't forget to become a member as well by filling out the membership form attached to your e-mail and paying the membership fee. Remember that becoming a member means you get dibs on any trips you sign up for! If you are not on our listserv and consequently did not get an e-mail, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.